Northampton Labour is holding its annual general meeting this Wednesday, 12 July, at 7.30pm, in the Concert Room, Kingsley Park Working Men’s Club, 120 Kingsley Park Terrace, Northampton, NN2 7HJ.
This is an important meeting with all local party positions up for re-election. We would urge you to attend.
Pro-Corbyn candidates won the majority of positions last year and the party has taken significant steps forward locally: many branches are now up and running, we’ve held several successful campaign days, and our performance in the County Council elections bucked the national trend
The Momentum Northants Steering Committee has endorsed the following list of candidates, who are pro-Corbyn and who support the anti-austerity politics of the Labour Party leadership.
- Secretary: Anjona Roy
- Chair: Andy Gunton
- Vice Chair (campaigns): David Brede
- Vice Chair (membership): Claire Harris
- Treasurer: Terrie Eales
- Women’s officer: Rebecca Leach
- BAME officer: Titus Ajayi
- Young members’ officer: Annie Strausa
- Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO): Paul Bosworth
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Officer: Natalie Frost
- Disability Officer: Lisa Thornton
- Group observers (5): Graham Croucher; Claire Harris; Dave Hewitt; Joe O’Neil; Sharon Prendergast
- Campaign forum (6): Emmanuelle Addidi; Rachel Cooley; Gary Drinkwater; Andy Gunton; Russell Hickman; Annie Strausa
- County Forum Delegates (6): John Foulke; Dave Hewitt; Sharon Prendergast; Anjona Roy; Lisa Thornton; Steve White
- Auditors: Mick Fitzmaurice; Mark Batterham
Please ensure you bring your Labour Party card with you as there will be a membership check at the door.
It’s been a busy, interesting 12 months with some notable successes in the county.
We are holding our Momentum Northants annual general meeting (AGM) at 7pm, Thursday 9 February 2017, upstairs at Kingsley Park Working Men’s Club, 120 Kingsley Park Terrace, Northampton NN2 7HJ. The Club is wheelchair-accessible and there is a stair-lift to the first floor.
There is no car park but the surrounding streets (Moore Street and Chaucer Street) are not permit-restricted and it is also possible to park on Kingsley Park Terrace itself. Please note: Moore Street and Chaucer Street are both one-way. There are also several bus routes which travel down Kingsley Park Terrace/Kettering Road.
The agenda and motions are available to download from the Momentum Northants website.
The agenda is:
- Chair’s report;
- Treasurer’s report;
- CLP liaisons’ reports;
- officer elections;
- the imposed Momentum constitution, our attitude to it, and our plans for the next 12 months;
- county elections;
We will be electing to the following positions:
- Vice Chair
- Secretary & Data Manager
- Group contacts for the regional coordinating network (two)
- Group contacts for Momentum nationally (two)
- Social Media Managers (two)
- Labour Party Engagement Officers and subGroup delegates (two each)
- Corby and East Northants
- South Northamptonshire
- Youth and Student Officers (two)
- LBGT Officer
- BAME officer
- Disability Officer
- Trade Union Liaison Officer