Northampton Labour is holding its annual general meeting this Wednesday, 12 July, at 7.30pm, in the Concert Room, Kingsley Park Working Men’s Club, 120 Kingsley Park Terrace, Northampton, NN2 7HJ.
This is an important meeting with all local party positions up for re-election. We would urge you to attend.
Pro-Corbyn candidates won the majority of positions last year and the party has taken significant steps forward locally: many branches are now up and running, we’ve held several successful campaign days, and our performance in the County Council elections bucked the national trend
The Momentum Northants Steering Committee has endorsed the following list of candidates, who are pro-Corbyn and who support the anti-austerity politics of the Labour Party leadership.
- Secretary: Anjona Roy
- Chair: Andy Gunton
- Vice Chair (campaigns): David Brede
- Vice Chair (membership): Claire Harris
- Treasurer: Terrie Eales
- Women’s officer: Rebecca Leach
- BAME officer: Titus Ajayi
- Young members’ officer: Annie Strausa
- Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO): Paul Bosworth
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Officer: Natalie Frost
- Disability Officer: Lisa Thornton
- Group observers (5): Graham Croucher; Claire Harris; Dave Hewitt; Joe O’Neil; Sharon Prendergast
- Campaign forum (6): Emmanuelle Addidi; Rachel Cooley; Gary Drinkwater; Andy Gunton; Russell Hickman; Annie Strausa
- County Forum Delegates (6): John Foulke; Dave Hewitt; Sharon Prendergast; Anjona Roy; Lisa Thornton; Steve White
- Auditors: Mick Fitzmaurice; Mark Batterham
Please ensure you bring your Labour Party card with you as there will be a membership check at the door.